The marine industry is vital to the world’s growth and development, but it faces shifting risks that need to be identified and managed. This is why experience matters and the right marine insurance coverage counts.
At A&B, our teams in the US and UK have extensive knowledge, which, more than most other forms of insurance, is absolutely vital. From arranging cover for Cargo in transit around the globe, to insuring the Liability and risk exposure of a large vessel on the ocean, our in-house experts will make sure you can rest in the knowledge that you’re protected should the worst case scenario happen.
Along with providing an excellent personal service, A&B are committed to delivering solutions which provide the best possible coverage at the best possible price.
* Freight and Warehouse Keepers Liability Insurance – provides comprehensive liability and physical damage insurance programmes for freight forwarders and other logistics/distribution companies, including liabilities to cargo and third parties, errors & omissions, and physical damage to owned or leased containers. If you store goods on behalf of your customers, this liability coverage can be extended to include this specific exposure.
* Cargo All Risks and Stock Throughput Insurance – can provide cover for anything ranging from raw materials to any kind of manufactured product, and risk can attach from the time goods leave a supplier’s or customer’s premises, as well as include work in progress and storage, or transit of finished goods for both local and overseas buyers. A&B can source comprehensive cover for manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, importers and exporters.
* Hull and Machinery – provides physical loss or damage cover for all types of vessels. The scope, basis and extensions of cover provided are adapted to suit individual client’s requirements.
* Marine Professional Indemnity – for marine surveyors, consultants, architects, ship managers and other marine professionals. The insurance covers claims arising from legal liability and errors & omissions in the exercise of the insured’s professional duties. Cover extensions include third party liability and liability for fines and duty.
* Protection & Indemnity (P&I) Coverage – provides cover for a wide range of third party liability risks arising in connection with the use and operation of ships, including cargo, crew, personal injury to third parties, passengers, stowaways, collisions and non contact damage caused by vessels, damage to fixed and floating objects, pollution, wreck removal and fines. This cover is designed to ‘dovetail’ with a vessel’s Hull and Machinery Insurance. P&I cover can be arranged on a mutual or fixed premium basis from a variety of insurance markets globally.
* Ship Brokers/Agents/Managers Liability – protects transport intermediaries against claims for negligence and error or omission.
* Disbursements (Increased Value) or Freight Interest Insurance – an ‘amount’ insured in excess of the vessel’s sum insured, which is calculated to cover additional costs and expenses (including lost freight earnings) associated with the total loss of a ship.
Charterers Liability – protects charterers of vessels from a range of liabilities, either through contract or in tort. This can include liabilities resulting from damage to the vessel itself, or from third parties directly or by way of indemnity.
* Port, Harbour and Terminal Operators Marine Package Policy – provides cover for the property, equipment, liabilities and financial exposures of port authorities, as well as the port, harbour and terminal operators who work there. Cover extensions are available for excess protection and indemnity, removal of wreck, and fines and penalties.
Contact us to find out more